We have seen many people have complained about the error of Crunchyroll’s black screen on Chrome. If you are also encountering the same error then just disable the hardware acceleration and restart the Chrome browser.
Are you tired of seeing Black screen errors on Chrome while streaming your favorite anime on Crunchyroll? Crunchyroll is one of the best-streaming anime all around the world but it comes with its glitches. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered its main reasons and potential fixes of it.
What Causes The Crunchyroll black Screen On Chrome?
Here are some of the common reasons why Crunchyroll is showing black screen errors on Chrome.
- There might be some conflict between the browser extension and website algorithm, which creates issues for a video player.
- Some internal bugs and glitches in the websites can also be major causes of this error.
- The cache data may contain some bugs and errors, which are temporarily stored on your device.
- Streaming the incorrect format of videos can also be the reason for this error.
- If you use a poor network connection then you may get this error and you need to upgrade it to the best Wi-Fi network.
How To Fix The Crunchyroll Black Screen On Chrome Issue?
Now let us know about the best fixes that you can implement to get rid of the black screen issue on Chrome.
1. Disable Hardware Acceleration
To provide a better graphic experience, many browsers are enabling hardware acceleration. The websites are getting heavier and that’s why this feature is necessary to enable an immersive experience. However, this feature doesn’t work with websites like Crunchyroll, so it is better to disable them. Let us know how to do it.
- At first, just open the Chrome browser and head to the main Settings.
- Now just tap on Advanced and find the System option in the drop-down menu.
- Then you will get the option of using Hardware Acceleration when available.
- Just disable it and it’s done.
- Now relaunch the Chrome browser and check whether it is resolved or not.
2. Check Internet Speed
This is the primary task you should do to check the internet speed before moving further. In most instances, if the internet speed is low, you may face black screen errors on Crunchyroll. So, boost the internet speed by restarting the router or moving to another data connection. But before that, you can check the speed of your Internet on speedcheck.net. Crunchyroll requires at least 10 Mbps to stream high-quality videos.
3. Remove Unwanted Extensions
Removing unwanted extensions can also be a great option to get rid of this error. Let us know how to do it.
- First of all, open Chrome browser and head to the Settings option.
- Now just tap on Privacy and Security option and then click on Check now under the Safety Check option.
- You will get all the dangerous extensions in front of your screen.
- To disable them, go to the Extensions option and disable those, which are dangerous.
That’s it, now just check again whether the issue is resolved.
4. Scan for Virus
Viruses can also be the reason for the error of Black Screen on Chrome, so you need to check it using Windows Security or any third-party antivirus program. Let us know how to do it.
- First of all, open Settings on your Windows operating system and opt for Updates and Security options.
- Now just head to the Windows Security option and then tap on Virus and Threat protection.
- Now tap on Quick Scan.
- Here, you have to wait for a few minutes patiently until the process ends.
Once it is done, now check if the issues are resolved or not.
5. Clear Browsing Data
To solve the black screen error in Chrome, you can clear browsing data, which includes cache, storage, cookies, history, formed synced data, etc. If you don’t know how to do it, then just follow the steps we have given below.
- First, open the Chrome browser in your system and tap on the three dots option at the top right corner, and head to the Settings option.
- On the next screen, tap on Privacy and Security option and tap on Clear Browsing Data.
- In the next window, move to the Advanced menu and tap on All Time under the Time range option. Then click on the Clear Data option.
- The history will get deleted and you will get a fresh start.
- Now just relaunch the Chrome browser and refresh the Crunchyroll website and check if you are facing any streaming issues on the screen.
You May Also Like