Sleeping disorders have become a common issue in the 21st generation. This does not mean the sleeping disorders didn’t exist during times of our forefathers, but the intensity was significantly less. Today irrespective of age, even teenagers are suffering from sleep disorders. This raises several alarms regarding the fundamental status of health in our society. When below 30-year-olds enter depression, encounter insufficient sleep and even become victims of severe mental disorders, it’s time to make strong changes. Taking Modalert 200 and Modvigil 200 will surely help in getting a good sleep but becoming fully dependent on pills for sound sleep is also not a worthy outcome.
Today many motivational speakers and coaches advise on giving up their sleep to get success. Achieving success indeed needs determination, hard work and total commitment. Sleeping does not mean a waste of time rather it is the time when your body refuels itself for the day ahead. Lack of sleep gives rise to stress, anxiety, blood pressure, low energy etc. Such a person cannot work at his/her full potential and is always feeling sleepy.
In this article, we will talk about some of the 5 most common sleep disorders, their process of diagnosis and treatment. The focus will be to minimize the consumption of sleeping pills and go for natural methods of curing sleep disorders.
It is a medical condition in which people fail to fall asleep. Such people remain awake for several hours in bed and even if they fail to sleep, they wake up several times. Hence, in the morning when they wake up finally, they are still sleepy, clumsy and dizzy. This dizziness will persist for the whole day and the person will be unable to concentrate on work/studies. Insomnia if not treated within the time it can cause lead to permanent damage to the sleep cycle.
- Waking up very early even if you slept late.
- Inconsistent sleep
- Poor concentration and focus
- Increases in stress, depression
- Lethargy, confused mind
- The sleep-wake cycle must be taken care and the original sleep cycle must be restored.
- Get rid of any addiction (alcohol, tobacco or drugs). Join a rehabilitation centre or ask a doctor for help.
- Meditation and yoga must be done regularly for at least 30 minutes.
It is a sleeping disorder where unlike insomnia the person experiences excessive daytime sleepiness. Patients with narcolepsy experience sudden sleep attacks during working hours in the daytime. This is the reason narcolepsy patients are not advised to drive or work in factories because feeling sleepy while driving or working with machinery can be deadly.
- Mental Trauma (Remembering an unfortunate event)
- Loss of visibility during sleep attacks
- Sleeping pills like Artvigil 150 and Waklert 150 may provide some relief but that is temporary.
- Use stimulants such as coffee or tea to get rid of sleepiness.
Sleep Apnea is a situation in which the breathing of the person is put at a halt while sleeping. Sometimes it is the fault with the brain that is unable to send signals for breathing and sometimes breathing is halted due to blockage of airways. Sleep Apnea increases the chances of heart attacks, hypertension and affects the quality of sleep.
- Intense snoring
- Feeling out of breath during sleep and suddenly waking up
- Half-baked sleep, feeling stressed after waking up
- Sleeping partner telling you about instances where you didn’t breathe for a few moments
- Use of CPAP (Continuous positive airway pressure) machine. This is to be used in the extreme case of sleep apnea. The machine is actually a mask with a tube attached that continuously delivers oxygenated air that helps you breathe during sleep.
- Losing fats boots metabolism and enhances blood circulation in the overall body. High metabolism people have reported a decrease in symptoms of sleep apnea.
Restless Legs Syndrome
Restless Legs Syndrome also known as RLS is the medical situation in which the person has an uncontrollable urge to move his/her legs. Suppose you are sleeping in bed and suddenly you feel a burning or electric sensation in the legs which leads to shaking of the legs. Hence, sleep is disturbed frequently due to the constant shaking of the legs.
- Shaking of legs at night.
- Burning or twitching sensation which forces you to move your legs.
- Remaining awake due to movement of legs at night
- Using pills that cure seizures or unnecessary discharge of electrical signals.
- Make changes in lifestyle such as cycling instead of using cars, using stairs rather than elevators.
- Give up any addiction.
- Yoga and meditation to be included in daily life.
REM Sleep Behaviour Disorder (RBD)
In this disorder, the person tries to imitate what he/she is currently dreaming. It is dangerous for the person itself and the one sleeping with him/her. RBD patients tend to move limbs, legs and other body parts to act out their sleep.
- Walking, moving things, making noises, laughing or conversing in sleep with eyes closed.
- Being able to recall the dream very clearly after waking up.
- Avoid getting intoxicated with any addictions if you experience any of the symptoms.
- Using hypnotic drugs will reduce the symptoms as they will put the person to sleep instantly. Any obstruction in sleep is suppressed and thus, the person sleeps longer.
No matter whichever sleeping disorder you are suffering from, doing yoga and meditation is far more effective than taking Artvigil 200 and Modaheal 200. These pills provide temporary relief whereas yoga and meditation are long-term solutions for good mental health.